4.1.08

kenzieKate Invitations

Yesterday, I had the great fortune to chat with the charming Mackenzie Sala of Something Old, Something New. I’m a daily admirer of her blog and I’m so very grateful that she took some time out of her day for me.

Being a fan of her blog, I’m also a fan of her invitations so I popped on over; have you taken a look at kenzieKate Invitations lately? She has some new suites in her collection. Gorgeous.

I love that she finds inspiration from, and names her works, after beautiful cities, both domestic and international. Her designs are intricate, beautiful, thoughtful, and versatile; the bride and groom can customize both the wording and the colour palette to match their event.

Welcome to Aberdeen, Havana, and Charlotte:

Photobucket

Then, just for fun, I created mini inspiration boards to match these three...

Seville
Photobucket

Aspen
Photobucket

Cozumel
Photobucket

Thanks again Mackenzie!

Photo Credits: I have been collecting photos for a very long time, for the most part it was for inspiration for my own wedding, never with this in mind. So, unfortunately, I don't have all the sources for these photos. I wil list those I do have. If you recognize a photo as yours or can identify the source please contact me.

Cozumel: outdoor reception by Beth Helmstetter Events; Shell 'ringbox' and shell 'wreaths' by Colin Cowie.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

I really love some of the elements in these inspiration boards (isn't it fun coming up with little challenges for yourself?) - do you have any of the sources for these images? I'd love to borrow them (crediting you of course!). :)

Lisa said...

Hi Kathryn,
unfortunately, I don't have many. I've listed what I can.

Mackenzie said...

thanks so much for the nice post Lisa!

It's Lovely said...

Such a great idea for a post! Love!

One Love Photo said...

Great boards! I love the idea of collections and inspirations being named after wonderful places. I loved your Cozumel board since I lived there for a summer as a teenager! It is such a fun tropical theme! I hope to start shooting destination weddings SOON! Mexico.....ahhhhh

The Event Essentials said...

We have a great new blog that we would love for you to check out. Oh and by the way ....

TAG you are IT :o)~

Check my latest post for details!!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Your boards always amaze me, Lisa. Such great inspiration!

Mrs. Ashcraft said...

I love the Seville board. I'm actually working on one in that palette as we speak. The combo is tres chic! Great work. I also wanted to let you know that I added a link to my blog to yours. Hope you don't mind.