4.8.07

I Love :: Cookies ::

I made cookies today. Big fat, fluffy, chewy, choc-full-a-chocolate cookies. My Guy is enjoying a manly-man weekend as one of his Best Men ("Best Man Bob") is visiting from Montreal for the weekend. I decided that I needed to fill the house full of man-food and, well, the boys love their cookies.

I tried a new recipe, although, I'm not sure why as I have at least two other kick-ass chocolate chip cookie recipes, one of which is my Mom's. Why is it that even though we have the tried and true favourite recipe - we still endeavour to find something better? Why the search for something new when the traditional favourite is pretty much perfection. Hmmmm... anyway...

Here's the recipe I used, it's nice and simple, and I do like that it makes big cookies.

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, almost melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk

2 cups dark chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1 large, rounded tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted (definitely don’t overcook them or they won’t be chewy). Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Pour yourself a glass of really, really cold milk, put your feet up and enjoy. Mmmmm.....cookies.

1 comment:

MG at cookie wedding favors said...

wow, you made them sound so good! My guy will be home in a couple of hours so I'm off to make these now! I think it was the "cold milk" recommendation that clinched itfor me. ;) Thank you for the recipe.